The bulletproof plate (also called a hard armor plate) is for inserting into the front and back of the bullet proof vest.
EA Multi Curved Hard Armor Plate IV SA (AL203) fits in our bullet proof and stab resistant vests called Impact. You can find the Impact vests here
The bullet proof plate is made of a high density aluminum ceramic core (Al2O3) supported by layered polymer composite fibers. This bullet proof plate has – among other weapons – been tested against an AK47. You can see details regarding the test below.
The bullet proof plate is a single curve plate, which means that the plate comes as one ready-to-insert-unit. The fact that the bullet proof plate it curved, is an advantage in regard to fitting and comfort.
ICW (In conjunction with) this means that the Hard Armor Plate must be used with a "Soft Bodyarmor" which is a bulletproof vest in level IIIA to be resistant to the specified protection degree.
The plate weighs from 1.95 kg
The bulletproof plate has been tested against the following threats:
- Tested against 6 shots from 7.62*39 mm AK47 MSC with bullets of a specific mass of 7.7 grams and an impact of 740 m/s, according to NIJ std. 0101.06 and 5.56x45 Nato international tests.
- 7.62x51 Nato, M80 (NIJ level 3 0101.06)
- 7.62x39 MSC, AK47 (NIJ level 3 0101.06)
- NIJ IV
- IV SA (.30AP M2)
- AL203: Alumina
- Thickness: 20 mm
- For use with our Impact and xtreme bulletproof and stab resistant vests (Level IIIA)
- 25x20 cm for sizes S and M (weight: 1.95 kg)
- 25x30 cm for sizes L to XXXXL (weight: 2.73 kg)
Warranty: 5 years