The bulletproof plate (also called a hard armor armor plate) is for inserting into the front and back of the bulletproof vest.
The EA Multi Curved Hard Armor Armor Plate NIJ IV ICW (SiC) fits in our bullet proof and stab resistant vests called Impact. You can find the Impact vests here
The bullet proof plate is made of our strongest material Silicon Carbide (SiC). This ceramic is harder and more resistant than our Alumina (AL203) and Polyethylene (PE) plates. This plate has – among other weapons – been tested against an AK47. You can see details regarding the test below.
The bulletproof plate is a multi-curved plate, which means that the plate comes as one ready-to-insert-unit. The fact that the bullet proof plate is curved, is especially advantageous in terms of fit and comfort, as the plate will follow the body's curves. (Please note that the plates must be worn with soft body armor of at least level NIJ 111A to be affective as NIJ level IV as with all protective body armor)
The plate weighs from 1,9 kg.
The bulletproof plate has been tested against the following threats:
- Tested against 6 shots from 6.62*39 mm AK47 MSC with bullets of a specific mass of 7.7 grams and an impact of 740 m/s, according to NIJ std. 0101.06 and 5.56x45 Nato international tests.
- 7.62x51 Nato, M80 (NIJ level IV 0101.06)
- 7.62x39 MSC, AK47 (NIJ level IV 0101.06)
- NIJ IV
- IV ICW (.30AP M2)
- SiC: Silicon Carbide
- Thickness: 10 mm
- For use with our Impact and xtreme bulletproof and stab resistant vests (Level IIIA)
- 25x20 cm for sizes S and M (Weight: 1,9 kg)
- 25x30 cm for sizes L to XXXXL (Weight: 2,42 kg)
Warranty: 5 years