The bulletproof plate (also called a hard armor plate) is for inserting into the front and back of the bullet proof vest.
The EA Single Curved Hard Armor Plate III ICW (AL203) fits in our bullet proof and stab resistant vests called Impact. You can find the Impact vests here
The bullet proof plate is made from Polyethylene (PE). A substantial benefit of using PE, is that PE is very light-weight. This bullet proof plate has – among other weapons – been tested against an AK47. You can see details regarding the test below.
The bullet proof plate is a single curve plate, which means that the plate comes as one ready-to-insert-unit. The fact that the bullet proof plate it curved, is an advantage in regard to fitting and comfort.
The lightest of our bulletproof plates weighs a mere 880 grams, which makes it the lightest bulletproof plate you can get with this level of protection.
The bulletproof plate has been tested against the following threats:
- Tested against 6 shots from 6.62*39 mm AK47 MSC with bullets of a specific mass of 7.7 grams and an impact of 740 m/s, according to NIJ std. 0101.06 and 5.56x45 Nato and international tests.
- 7.62x51 Nato, M80 (NIJ level 3 0101.06)
- 7.62x39 MSC, AK47 (NIJ level 3 0101.06)
- NIJ III
- III ICW AK47 MSC
- PE: Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyetyhlene (UHMWPE)
- Thickness: 20 mm
- For use with our Impact bulletproof and stab resistant vests (Level IIIA)
Warranty: 5 years